Some Windows users have complained in the forum about an error message they are witnessing while trying to lớn access a variety of applications on their computers. If you are also seeing “A problem caused the program to lớn stop working correctly” message trying to lớn launch an application, go for these easy fixes.
Fix 1 – Run in compatibility mode
Running the application with correct compatibility settings should solve this issue.
1. Go to lớn the location of the application.
2. Then, you need khổng lồ right-click on the application & then click on “Properties“.
3. Once the Properties window appears on the screen, click on the “Compatibility” tab.
4. After that, you have to lớn check the option “Run this program in compatibility mode for:”
5. Next, click on the drop-down.
6. Choose “Windows 8” or “Windows 7” from the drop-down list.
7. Check the option “Run this program as an administrator“.
8. Finally, click on “Apply” & click on “OK“.
Try to open the application again.
Fix – 2 Update the graphics driver
Updating graphics & monitor driver may solve this issue on your computer.
1. Press Windows key+R.
2. Write “devmgmt.msc” and then click on “OK“.
3. Once the Device Manager appears you have khổng lồ click on the “Display adapters“.
4. After that, right-click on your graphics driver và then click on “Update driver“.
5. Then, click on “Search automatically for drivers“.
Windows will now tìm kiếm for the latest driver & install it on your computer.
Fix – 3 Disable DEP
Data Execution Prevention (DEP) protects your computer from potential malware & rootkits. Sometimes DEP can prohibit some applications to lớn run.
1. Press Windows key+S. Start to lớn type “cmd” in the search box.
2. After that, right-click on “Command Prompt“. Then, click on “Run as administrator“.
3. Once the CMD terminal appears, type this code & hit Enter to lớn switch the Data Execution Prevention off.
bcdedit.exe /set current nx AlwaysOff
Close the terminal once you see ‘The operation completed successfully.’ message emerged in the terminal.
Restart the system & after rebooting kiểm tra if the application works or not.
As we have detailed, DEP safeguards your system files from PUPs, viruses, etc. Disabling it not recommended at all.
Once you tested the fix on your computer you have to again set the DEP khổng lồ ‘On‘.